Re: YAAC Port Settings #yaac #xastir

Jack Spitznagel

Tim,

I do this all the time.

You should not need to touch your ALSAmixer sound settings.

You do need to go back to the “Getting Started Wiki” at Groups.io and carefully work through the section on using ax25/DireWolf. https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/DRAWS%3A-Getting-Started

Two important points:

When you want to switch to YAAC (or XASTIR) on DireWolf you need to open a terminal window and do the following as described in the “Getting Started Wiki”:

cd ~/bin

# Become root

sudo su

./ax25-start

This will enable ax25 and Direwolf… Direwolf will continue to run on boot up so to go back to fldigi or wsjt-x, you need to do the following in a terminal window:

cd
cd bin
# Become root
sudo su
./ax25-stop

Hope this helps get you going the right direction.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo