Re: JS8 and draws

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

Oh, you're on a 2m rig... I'm currently having lots of fun with that.  You've got a 6pin port on the front of that rig though... so does that port do PTT?  If not, you'll need to come up with either a VOX or PTT solution.

I'm also fooling with a Kenwood trying to solve this problem currently.  Your software is probably setup properly already.

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 8:24 AM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
The only other ports on the radio are for the external speaker and mic.

Using only the cord that came with the draws, i tried setting up js8 and js8 says it's transmitting but the radio does nothing.  I manually dialed the radio to the aprs frequency.