Re: Getting started with paclink-unix

Keith Williamson

Err..meant "Hi Basil". Not to be confused with "Nigel Gunn" over in the Chirp forums...

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 1:08 PM Keith Williamson via Groups.Io <hkwilliamson=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Nigel,

More headway but some hiccups. First the headway:

I edited the grid locator in gatewaylist.sh and ran "gatewaylist.sh -l". The list then showed that w7ecg-10 was closest to me. I successfully sent a message using "wl2kax25 -c w7ecg-10"! Woo hoo!

Now the hiccups:

1) I have a message that's stuck in the outbox (/usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox). Each time I run either wl2kax25 or wl2ktelnet, it's resent successfully to my gmail account. When I run "chk_perm.sh", I get "permissions OK: pi:mail" and "1 files in outbox". I originally created the message using Claws mail. Is it OK to just delete the file from /usr/local/var/wl2k/outbox? Don't want to do that if there is some meta data in another file tracking it.

2) When I run "wlgw-check.sh -g CN88tu", I am seeing an error from rigctl for the set memory index command (E 35). If I run rigctl, I can do set memory index commands for any of the memory channels I have written to using Chirp but not memory channels that haven't been set to anything. So far, I programmed the first 20 memory channels with Chirp. So, "rigctl -m 234 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -E 20" will work but "rigctl -m 234 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -E 35" fails. I imagine a workaround would be for me to program something into channel 35 using Chirp (or directly from the radio), and that may fix that. I'll try that next but wanted you to be aware of the issue. I just got this radio but I imagine your V71a's have had many more channels previously programmed so you might not have seen this issue. It would seem that once the set memory index issue is fixed, the wlgw-check script should work. When I did run it I could see it was changing the V71a frequency and transmitting so I think we're really close.

Thanks,

Keith
KF7DRV

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 11:50 AM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> Building latest paclink-unix did the trick. Apparently, latest version
> fixes passwords with multicase and letter/number combinations.

Great! Congrats on getting paclink-unix working!

> Next step for me is to get the radio involved using auto-rmsgw-find.

I currently run the the wlgw-check.sh (Winlink Gateway Check) script
from a cron job 4 times a day.

I know the documentation is a little thin so if you have any problems at
all please don't hesitate to ask questions.

/Basil n7nix