Re: DRAWS and Allstar?

The draws board can go ALSA or Pulse Audio.

Pulse audio maps left and right connectors as separate mono alsa devices.

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019, 09:25 Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:
So, I've given this some more thought. you could probably do this through chan_alsa, chan_oss, or chan_usrp depending on how DRAWS configures its sound card.

Easiest would be GNU Radio USRP, the set up would be similar to that as DVSwitch.

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 12:17 PM Christopher AI6KG <ch@...> wrote:
The issue I see is not with the Allstar distribution, but rather getting DRAWS to show up as a compatible device for app_rpt.

Agreed.  This is essentially what I was asking.

-ch
73 de AI6KG

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 8:04 PM Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:
"Allstar without the attached OS" is just Asterisk with app_rpt. Asterisk runs on many OSes - Linux, BSD, Windows, etc... Just need to compile it with app_rpt.

Allstar takes it a step further, building a network on top of Asterisk and app_rpt. They provide a distribution of Debian with Asterisk and app_rpt pre compiled, with all the heavy lifting and configuration already done. You could do it all yourself, but why when you can save time with the distro?

The issue I see is not with the Allstar distribution, but rather getting DRAWS to show up as a compatible device for app_rpt. The URIx and other similar radio interface were specifically designed for Allstar, IRLP and the like.

A driver may be needed for use with Allstar. If this is something that a lot of people are interested in, I could take a stab at it. Just need to dedicate the time and a board. Though, I feel that the exercise may be a little in vain, using DRAWS for just going from a radio to Allstar is seriously limiting the power and capabilities of the board. A URIx would be easier, since it's the right tools for the job kind of thing. Plus, it's cheaper than a DRAWS board.

Steve KC1AWV

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019, 10:24 PM Anthony Leeser <tagtynee@...> wrote:

Hello Christopher

That's a very good question. I've been working on that for sometime. I didn't want to tie up and dedicate a RPi solely for Allstar. I wanted to do HF digital as well. I've been working on this project for about a year. The introduction of DRAWS changed my entire build... ugh. Unless I overlooked a possible workaround, only thing I haven't tried was requesting to get the Allstar software without the attached operating system. If that's possible, I don't see why DRAWS and Allstar can't be friendly neighbors one one operating system.

Tony
AG7GF