Re: paclink-unix incoming messages

Keith Williamson

I ran "app_config.sh plu" not "app_config.sh pluimap". So are the above services configured? I haven't messed with any config
files you haven't specifically told me to modify.

We verified with netstat -tulpn that nothing is listening on ports 143 or 993.

I do see that pluweb is running. It seems to work fine to check outbox and run wl2k*.

-Keith

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 1:54 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> Thanks..that would be great. Rainloop looks pretty nice.

I agree. Plus you can do everything in a browser including paclink-unix
access, VNC isn't necessarily needed for remote operation.

> For my use case, I'll generally be accessing winlink email from my laptop
> (XPS13 running Ubuntu 16.04). However, I'll also want to be able to access
> from RPi (although via VNC). I run all my RPi projects headless (except
> during initial bringup).
>
> It would seem that getting dovecot configured would be the best route.

If you installed paclink-unix then dovecot is already configured
... unless you decide to edit config files yourself.
The paclink-unix install, installs & configures: postfix, dovecot, mutt,
rainloop, claws-mail, nodejs & pluweb app.

> Then
> I could access email from either the laptop or RPi using rainloop.
>
> Does that make sense?

Yes. You have a number of options:
local=running on RPi
- local or remote console using mutt
- local or remote web browser using rainloop & plu web app.
- local or remote using VNC & claws-mail
- remote using your mobile device mail app & RPi in host AP mode and
accessing paclink-unix with the web app. (I use K9 mail on my Android)