gpsd, amixer, sensor, and other issues

Julie McGrew

Edited

One of our club members is having trouble with his draws card.  I began troubleshooting and to isolate the the problem have done the following.

  1. Replaced the rpi unit with a new one - no change.
  2. Replaced the SDCard with a new 32 GB card with fresh Beta 13 build - twice - no change

After running ./app_config.sh core and a reboot, sudo ./alsa-show.sh gives:

pi@K7TMV-draws:~/bin $ sudo ./alsa-show.sh

 ===== ALSA Controls for Radio Transmit =====
amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

LO Driver Gain  L: R:

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

PCM         L: R:

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

 ===== ALSA Controls for Radio Receive =====

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

ADC Level L: R:

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

amixer: Mixer hw:1 load error: Remote I/O error

IN1 L:[] R:[]

IN2 L:[] R:[]

CM L:[] R:[]

Running sensors gives:

pi@K7TMV-draws:~/bin $ sensors

ads1015-i2c-1-48

Adapter: bcm2835 I2C adapter

User ADC Differential:      N/A

+12V:                     N/A

User ADC 1:                 N/A

User ADC 2:                 N/A

pi@K7TMV-draws:/etc/default $ sudo systemctl gpsd && sudo systemctl restart gpsd
Unknown operation gpsd.

and yet:

pi@K7TMV-draws:/etc/default $ sudo systemctl status gpsd

● gpsd.service - GPS (Global Positioning System) Daemon

   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/gpsd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

   Active: active (running) since Thu 2019-06-06 08:52:16 PDT; 6h ago

 Main PID: 576 (gpsd)

   CGroup: /system.slice/gpsd.service

           └─576 /usr/local/sbin/gpsd -n /dev/ttySC0 /dev/pps0

Jun 06 08:52:16 K7TMV-draws systemd[1]: Starting GPS (Global Positioning System) Daemon...

Jun 06 08:52:16 K7TMV-draws systemd[1]: Started GPS (Global Positioning System) Daemon.

and:

cgps gives no data

AX25 services seem to be running fine, but when connected to a radio via a minidin-6 the device seems to be deaf and does not send PTT.

Any and all hints on how to proceed with the trouble shooting will be most welcome.  :)

It was great seeing the NW Digital group at SeaPac …. sorry I missed chatting with Basil.

73,

julie mcgrew
ac0wn