Re: Raspberry Pi 4

Steve, N9VW

It may be worth noting that "You MUST make sure to upgrade your Raspbian operating system install to the latest version so that the firmware can support the new chips! Old SD cards from previous releases will not work without a upgrade!", per the Adafruit web site announcement.

Hopefully Anna's kernal update for the DRAWS chip drivers makes it into the Raspbian image soon.

73 de Steve, N9VW

On 6/24/2019 8:09 AM, Chris Metcalf wrote:
Assuming the pinouts are compatible, I'll be 100% going for one. I've been experimenting with the Pi3 while waiting for my DRAWS to ship (*drums fingers on desk*) and I've felt it a bit wanting in CPU. I'm not sure if I can run gqrx and wsjtx/fldigi at the same time without killing the CPU.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 6:33 AM JT Croteau <jt.tobit@...> wrote:
Anyone going to be experimenting with the new Raspberry Pi 4?