Re: [udrc] #draws Aluminum Case #draws

Dave N2OA

You can't expect them to create another early adopter case for the Pi 4. My understanding is that a discount was offered to early adopters and you took the risk knowing that there could be issues. If not being able to use the aluminum case and the Pi 4 with the early adopter board is the biggest issue, I'm fine with that, after all it didn't exist when these things were designed. If it turns out there is a defect in the board that causes it to stop working tomorrow, that would be a bummer but I also knew there was that risk and I'd be glad that I helped iron out any issues.

I own two DRAWS boards and have two cases on order. I bought them knowing that anything could happen but I wanted to experiment with something new that I believe has potential. That is the Amateur spirit, isn't it?

Dave
N2OA

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 2:22 PM Chris Metcalf <chris@...> wrote:
> We will have an update on cases this week, Including changes to accommodate  the new Pi4.

If we have a case on backorder (ordered mine a couple months ago) will we be receiving the Pi4-compatible cases or the old Pi3 case?

FWIW, at this point I'd rather have the DRAWS board in hand and I can wait on the case if I have to. I won't have my Pi4 until July anyway.

- Chris

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 10:19 AM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Hello August,

We will have an update on cases this week, Including changes to accommodate  the new Pi4.

Yes we have your $15, which is of course refundable.

73
Bryan K7UDR