Re: Audio Driver / Module Load Problem #draws #audio #kernel

Basil Gunn

John,

In file /boot/config.txt you currently have:

#dtoverlay=
dtoverlay=draws

Please change to:

dtoverlay=
dtoverlay=draws,alsaname=udrc

Be sure that you uncomment 'dtoverlay=' line.

Now reboot and run 'aplay -l'

/Basil

john.chabalko@gmail.com writes:

I'm not sure what happened but i was checking that my RPi was up to date after not having used it for a couple of weeks (i was away) and now i have no audio. It looks like i've got a problem with the udrc audio module not loading but i'm not really sure how to troubleshoot it again. I tried what was suggested to me (and worked) in the past:

pi@n3ap-p:~/n7nix/bin $ sudo ./chk_bootcfg.sh

Verify IF dtoverlay= is set properly
dtoverlay currently set to: dtoverlay=draws
dtoverlay for DRAWS OK

Verify IF dtparam=audio is set properly
Last line in /boot/config.txt OK

pi@n3ap-p:~/n7nix/bin $ ./chk_conflict.sh

Check udrc driver conflict for Kernel release: 4.14.98-v7+

=== Loaded module check

=== Sound card check
udrc driver not loaded.

pi@n3ap-p:~/n7nix/bin $ aplay -l
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 7/7
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0