Pac-Link account password does not match #pac-link #paclink-unix

Kevin K. - N7KJK

Hello,
I'm running a fresh setup of Beta 13..  All the configuration scripts seem to have worked.  I am using a dual band Yaesu FT-7800. I've successfully connected with wl2kax25 command to a gateway nearby.  Handshake and challenge messages all work.  I think I actually had one successful connection with a check for inbound email.  Now all attempts end with the "secure login failed - account password does not match"  message.  I've made several attempts to change my winlink password update the config file, and even manually specify the parameter in the command line.  No luck.

I've tested the password with send and receive using WinLink on my Windows 10 PC (telnet Winlink) .  Works just fine after updating the password in configuration.

I am aware that we have to be careful with updates to Beta 13.  I was wondering if there's a safe and/or advisable way to just update Pac-Link program.  I know there were errors regarding the secure connection passwords is some version of Pac-Link.
I'm relatively new to the PI operating system.  Please be very clear and complete with any instructions. You won't insult my intelligence. :)  Thanks
Kevin
N7KJK