Re: Pac-Link account password does not match #pac-link #paclink-unix

Basil Gunn

Hi Kevin,

There are a couple of scripts that you might be interested in for
finding available RMS Gateways in directory n7nix/bin

rmslist.sh
Usage: ./rmslist.sh <integer_distance_in_miles> <maidenhead_grid_square>

gatewaylist.sh
Usage: gatewaylist.sh [-c][-l][-m <max_distance_in_miles>[-g <grid_square>][-s][-h]
-c | --count count number of RMS Stations
-l | --list build list of RMS Stations
-m | --max arg max distance in miles
-g | --gridsquare arg grid square location
-s | --show show all Stations
-d | --debug set debug flag
-h | --help display this message

wlgw-check.sh
get repository auto-rmsgw-find
https://github.com/n7nix/auto-rmsgw-find

This script uses rigctl for a Kenwood TM-v71a to iterate through an RMS
Gateway list made by rmslist.sh and tries to connect with each gateway
using paclink-unix. Rigctl supports the IC-7000.

wlgw-check.sh -g CN88nl

== Example output ==

$ ./rmslist.sh
Using distance of 30 miles & grid square CN88NL

Callsign Frequency Distance Baud
KF7FIT-10 223780000 0 1200
N7NIX-10 144910000 0 1200
K7KCA-10 440125000 3 1200
KE7KML-10 223780000 3 1200
AF4PM-10 145690000 4 1200
AF5TR-10 145690000 11 1200
AE7LW-10 145050000 16 1200
AE7LW-10 440950000 16 1200
KD7X-10 145630000 16 1200
KI7ULA-10 145050000 16 1200
W7UMX-10 145630000 16 1200
W0QJM-10 145630000 19 1200
WA7GJZ-10 145630000 19 1200
WA7GJZ-10 145630000 19 1200
NG2G-10 144990000 26 1200
W7ECG-10 144930000 28 1200

$ ./gatewaylist.sh
Directory: /home/pi/tmp/rmsgw does not exist, making ...
Building file: /home/pi/tmp/rmsgw/rmsgwprox.json ...
{
"Callsign": "KF7FIT-10",
"Frequency": 223780000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 0
}
{
"Callsign": "N7NIX-10",
"Frequency": 144910000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 0
}
{
"Callsign": "K7KCA-10",
"Frequency": 440125000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 3
}
{
"Callsign": "KE7KML-10",
"Frequency": 223780000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 3
}
{
"Callsign": "AF4PM-10",
"Frequency": 145690000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 4
}
{
"Callsign": "AF5TR-10",
"Frequency": 145690000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 11
}
{
"Callsign": "AE7LW-10",
"Frequency": 145050000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 16
}
{
"Callsign": "AE7LW-10",
"Frequency": 440950000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 16
}
{
"Callsign": "KD7X-10",
"Frequency": 145630000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 16
}
{
"Callsign": "KI7ULA-10",
"Frequency": 145050000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 16
}
{
"Callsign": "W7UMX-10",
"Frequency": 145630000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 16
}
{
"Callsign": "W0QJM-10",
"Frequency": 145630000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 19
}
{
"Callsign": "WA7GJZ-10",
"Frequency": 145630000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 19
}
{
"Callsign": "WA7GJZ-10",
"Frequency": 145630000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 19
}
{
"Callsign": "NG2G-10",
"Frequency": 144990000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 26
}
{
"Callsign": "W7ECG-10",
"Frequency": 144930000,
"Baud": "1200",
"Distance": 28
}
Found 16 stations

Kevin K. - N7KJK <kkutzera@gmail.com> writes:

So when eveyrthing else checks out maybe it's the gateway's problem. Looks like the system I was talking to yesterday is off line today.
I shopped around for another system and found one on Mercer Is. that answers me. I think I spent a bunch of time on device settings in Draws Manager when all I had to do is find another gateway system.
I used the 40 mV from the FT-7800 documentation to compute and set Transmit Analog to -6db, digital to -25db. -2db receive input pin 5 seems to work.

Thanks for all your help Basil.
I'll send you an email via Winlink.. Then I'm calling it a night.
Tomorrow I'll see if I can get my IC-7000 to cooperate.. :)