Re: APRS Messenger

Steve Stroh

Donald:

Wow - that was illuminating! The Atomic Pi did sound too good to be true, especially when you needed an adapter board to power it reliably.

OK - take the Atomic Pi out of discussion.

Scott Currie NS7C said it best. Paraphrasing, some basic Amateur Radio software runs only on Windows. Get over it. Buy a cheap Windows tablet, or laptop, or a basic cube (one was recommended in the referenced article) and just treat it like an appliance. Scott is a smart guy.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 19:36 Donald Jacob <wb5eku@...> wrote:
Read before buying an Atomic Pi.

For me, I'll stick with the Raspberry Pi

73
WB5EKU

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 3:15 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
People are welcome to try, at their own risk, any combination they like, but NW Digital Radio only tests and supports DRAWS™ HAT on Raspberry Pi.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 3:11 PM Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...> wrote:
Does DRAWS work with the Atomic pi?  Awesome SBC, reasonable price and runs Windows since it's based on the Intel Atom SOC...

Director

--
Steve Stroh (personal / general): stevestroh@...