Re: FLmsg does not launch on DRAWS

Basil Gunn

Hi Budd,
I'm assuming you launched flmsg from an icon or menu item. If you want
to look at what's going on start flmsg from a console.

The most common problem with flmsg not starting is that library
libjpeg9-dev has not been installed & is required by flmsg

ldconfig -p | grep -i libjpeg
libjpeg.so.62 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so.62
libjpeg.so (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so

To install libjpeg9-dev

sudo apt-get install libjpeg9-dev

Now ldconfig should display libjpeg.so.9

ldconfig -p | grep -i libjpeg
libjpeg.so.62 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so.62
libjpeg.so.9 (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so.9
libjpeg.so (libc6,hard-float) => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjpeg.so

Let me know if this fixes your problem.
/Basil

Budd Churchward <budd@...> writes:

I just loaded the latest image for DRAWS and have things working,
however when I attempt to launch Flmsg, I get an hour glass that runs
for a while and then nothing happens. We all use FLmsg weekly in
Whatcom County. It runs just fine on my UDRC image. Has anyone else
seen this problem?

Budd WB7FHC