Re: [udrc] UDRC-II squelch on the Yaesu FT-897D → Does DRAWS require this?

Stuart Longland VK4MSL

On 21/8/19 9:07 am, Bryan Hoyer wrote:
Squelch in the Radio is for analog modes so we don’t annoy the humans. The SW Modem isn’t annoyed so I turn squelch off in the radio.
The software I plan to use requires the SQL signal to key up PTT in a
VoIP application. As stated in my original email:

With the Pi acting as a WiFi access point, I should be able to use a
Mumble VoIP server to allow my mobile phone to connect and act as a
"cross-band repeater".

Thus when operating a check-point (like I was for the Yarraman to
Wulkuraka bike ride¹ last year), instead of being tethered to the
bicycle, I can plug my headset into my phone instead and still have
80m-70cm all-mode capability.
In short, I'll be doing FM and SSB voice via the DRAWS board.

I'll have a look at the schematic and see if I can do the 5V pull-up mod
on the DRAWS and see how that goes.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...