Re: ARDOP or software similar to WinLink (HF mail) #winlink

Basil Gunn

I'm writing an ARDOP transport for paclink-unix that runs on the RPi.
I use ardopc RPi (piardopc) from here:
http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/Beta/

I test that with ARIM from here:
http://www.whitemesa.net/arim/arim.html#inst

Currently for winlink using ARDOP on an RPi you can use PAT or LinBPQ
http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/LinBPQ_WinlinkClient.html

/Basil n7nix

K4KDR <@K4KDR> writes:

I've only had my DRAWS board for a day, but did have success running the
PAT Winlink client (thanks to the YouTube videos by KM4ACK) over 2m ax25
packet. I will get around to testing the HF modes but just haven't gotten
there yet. The PAT software is at:

https://getpat.io/

... and by coincidence, I'm also running the FT857d & a Pi3B+. Works great!

-Scott, K4KDR

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 8:03 PM <wa9pyh@...> wrote:

Is anyone using the DRAWS Pi HAT for HF email that would be similar to
ARDOP (part of WinLink) or WinMor (also part of WinLink) that both run
under Windows? I'm using an FT857D, a Pi 3B+, a DRAWS board, a 6 pin
miniDIN cable(xmt & rcv audio) and a CT62 CAT cable. The Pi is using the
beta_13 image.. This setup runs JS8CALL, FLDIGI and WSJT_X properly. I
would like to add HF mail using the DRAWS board. 73