Re: Using the DRAWS hat with a Raspberry Pi 4 #draws #yaac #install #js8call #replacecompass

I did this just yesterday
(from memory - not at system right now)
Download and burn Buster onto SD Card
Let it boot up and update/upgrade

sudo reboot
sudo apt install git build-essential
cd
cd n7nix/config
sudo ./image_install.sh
sudo apt install --fix-broken
sudo reboot

After boot try
aplay -l

Use n7nix scripts to install/config applications.
DRAWS™ Manager is at https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/draws-manager

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 1:07 PM Frank Ivan via Groups.Io <k0fei=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi John and all,

I have tried everything listed above on both a Pi3 and Pi4.  I can not see the sound card or the gps or even the sensor data.

Can someone do a new step by step or better still a video.  Maybe just a description of the kernel modules, dkms system, what is the udrc module used for and where to get it.  I am interested making a portable SOTA station running FT8 and JS8CALL maybe using flrig for rig control.

Not to put too sharp of a point on it, but Buster and Pi4 have been out just short of two months.  Downloading the stretch Compass gives you something that can not be updated.  Is there any projection when drivers for Buster and Pi 4 will be available or even a downloadable image.

As for the Pi 4 heat problem, just use the PoE HAT between the pi and DRAWS and put a small heat sink on the cpu.  It will not go above 58 C on a fully loaded system.

73 - Frank - K0FEI

Kingston, WA