Re: Using the DRAWS hat with a Raspberry Pi 4 #draws #yaac #install #js8call #replacecompass

Mike Watkins

On your Pi3/4 running Buster, please report the result from:

uname -a

On Mon., Aug. 26, 2019, 13:07 Frank Ivan via Groups.Io, <k0fei=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi John and all,

I have tried everything listed above on both a Pi3 and Pi4.  I can not see the sound card or the gps or even the sensor data.

Can someone do a new step by step or better still a video.  Maybe just a description of the kernel modules, dkms system, what is the udrc module used for and where to get it.  I am interested making a portable SOTA station running FT8 and JS8CALL maybe using flrig for rig control.

Not to put too sharp of a point on it, but Buster and Pi4 have been out just short of two months.  Downloading the stretch Compass gives you something that can not be updated.  Is there any projection when drivers for Buster and Pi 4 will be available or even a downloadable image.

As for the Pi 4 heat problem, just use the PoE HAT between the pi and DRAWS and put a small heat sink on the cpu.  It will not go above 58 C on a fully loaded system.

73 - Frank - K0FEI