Re: Using the DRAWS hat with a Raspberry Pi 4 #draws #yaac #install #js8call #replacecompass

I took the commands I provided, directly from my shell history
One additional command I gave 1st was
sudo apt install git build-essential vim nmap
(before running the git clone and script)
just to make sure git and build-essential were installed, I also use vim as my primary editor and nmap to help with network diagnostics.

Basil (n7nix) is the builder and tester of images (beta13 et all).  The sudo ./image_install.sh is part of that process.

Yes, I used the latest Buster (as of a few days ago)  and cloned n7nix tools directly from github.

What does your current   ~/n7nix/bin/showudrc.sh  show?

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 8:16 AM Frank Ivan via Groups.Io <k0fei=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi John,

I tried using a raspberry pi 3B and the same thing.
The aplay -l command did not return the card1 info.

This is beginning to look like a case of I can't get there from here.  Maybe someone else will chime in and say they did it or it didn't work for them.

I guess a couple of things to try.

1. Make an image of your SD card and upload it.
2. Did you do exactly what you listed including downloading the "latest" Buster and making a fresh SD card and downloading n7nix from the GitHub repository?  Maybe try it on a Pi4 although I have tried it on both.  It only takes about an hour depending on your internet speed and I have done it about 10 times.
\
Thanks
Frank - K0FEI

Kingston, WA