Re: Using the DRAWS hat with a Raspberry Pi 4 #draws #yaac #install #js8call #replacecompass

Edouard Lafargue

  The one big 'no-no' in this case, is to run 'raspi-update', which will move you to a bleeding edge testing kernel that really breaks a lot of drivers - it is not even an armhf kernel anymore, but aarch64 which is quite exciting by itself - . It's difficult to go back afterwards. I discovered this early on when installing Buster and trying raspi-update, and reverting to the standard kernel lead to various errors.

   As a conclusion: do not 'raspi-update' :)

Ed

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 7:54 AM Frank Ivan via Groups.Io <k0fei=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Edouard,

Where did you get kernel 4.19.69-v8+?  The best I can do this morning - Sept 5 is 4.19.66-v71+ with sudo apt upgrade and 4.19.69-v71+ with sudo rpi-update on a Pi4. Both of them have the  tlv  modules.

In other words - what should I not do that might break things?

Thanks
73 Frank K0FEI