Re: No audio detected (FLDIGI) #fldigi #audio #configuration #cat #cw

DRAWS™ Manager has links to many application support groups.

For fldigi audio adjustment, check this page http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp/audio_adjust_page.html

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 11:58 AM John D Hays - K7VE via Groups.Io <john=hays.org@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Michael,

If you are not familiar with all of the workings of CODEC chip, it is best not to use alsamixer or similar tools to configure settings.  The DRAWS™ Manager is designed to control the selection of ports and levels.  Use one of the setalsa scripts in the n7nix tools to reset the CODEC into a basic configuration, then use use DRAWS™ Manager to set up for your radio.

Application configuration assistance is best handled through the application support groups, though other users of fldigi on this forum may lend advice.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 11:36 AM Michael Sharp via Groups.Io <nexxusix=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,
I am attempting to connect a Xiegu G90 to the DRAWS Hat. I am using a custom made cable from Ham Made Parts. Using my oscilloscope, I can definitely confirm that there is audio coming from the G90 through the custom cable. The cable will connect directly from the ACC port of the G90 to the DRAWS Hat Right Channel.

I am using the latest DRAWS image for Raspberry Pi 3, and I would like to use the DRAWS Hat with FLDIGI so I can send and receive CW. The problem I am having is that I don’t see any audio coming through to FLDIGI. Also, I am a bit overwhelmed with all of the configuration options in the Audio Mixer that the DRAWS Hat offers. Which inputs or outputs do I enable? Do I need to set the attenuators? How does the DRAWS Hat show up as a CAT control?

There certainly seems to be a lot of flexibility in this card to say the least. I’m sure that the problem is a configuration problem, possibly even needing Permissions or Group Access (?) from the Raspberry Pi OS.

Any help appreciated... Thanks in advance!

73,
-Michael

Kingston, WA

Kingston, WA