Re: minimum install to get the DRAWS gps working?

If the antenna has a good view of the sky, the first startup can take a while.

You can also restart the gpsd

sudo systemctl stop gpsd
sudo systemctl start gpsd

You can also stop gpsd and.

cat /Dev/ttySC0

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019, 08:55 okiejim <kd6vpe@...> wrote:
Please don't take this wrong but have you hooked up an antenna to the draw hat gps connector?

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 8:16 AM Tom Early <n7tae@...> wrote:
I just received my DRAWS and at this point in time, I am only interested in getting the GPS working. (I'm developing a new ThumbDV app for D-Star Routing and linking and want to use the GPS to update the user and station positions to aprs.) I would rather not use Compass until I full understand what my program needs to use the DRAWS gps.

I found the wiki page on "Setup GPSD for Time and Position" and am wondering about the statement "Ensure that the device tree and driver have been installed". How do I do that with resorting to Compass? I installed gpsd etc, and I see /dev/ttySC0 and /tty/pps on my system and systemctl reports that gpsd is running, but gpsmon is showing all zeros.

Thanks!