Re: DRAWS™ Latest Board Run Defect (Standby) #draws #recall

Edouard Lafargue

Thanks Bryan!

  In any case, the rework was useful - default alsamixer settings that are shipped with the n7nix repository now work out of the box...

Ed

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 9:25 AM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
The output of the DAC is clean so the filter is unnecessary from that standpoint. There may be some value from an RFI standpoint but you would be better off with a Ferrite on the Radio Cable.

On Sep 21, 2019, at 5:23 PM, Edouard Lafargue <edouard@...> wrote:

  Is there any benefit putting the right value caps back in place rather than just removing them?

Ed

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 1:36 PM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Here is there info needed to address the problem:

The Audio output has an RC Filter of 100ohms and 0.1uF for a -3dB frequency of 16kHz.

The boards were stuffed with 10uF instead for a 160Hz cutoff.

The filter is not really necessary so the caps may be removed.

<DRAWS6Rework.png>

If you do the rework yourself, send an email to sales@... with REWORK <order#> as the subject and we will refund $10.

Or you may send the board only to:

NW Digital Radio
REWORK<order#>
150 Cessna Ave
Friday Harbor WA 908250

We will rework it for you and refund $5 for the postage

We have updated our manufacturing test to provide better coverage.

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR