Re: DRAWS™ Latest Board Run Defect (Standby) #draws #recall

K4KDR

I share Jim's question and appreciate your response!  However, it still leaves me reluctant to make any alterations, as everything (including 1200 Baud Packet) works perfectly.  By everything, of course I mean what I've tried so far which would be JS8Call, FT8, ARDOP Winlink, & 1200 Baud Packet in the form of Winlink, Terrestrial APRS, & satellite APRS.

I did have to increase the levels higher than had been suggested in the documentation & as seen in various online comments that various people have been kind enough to contribute, but just thought perhaps that was specific to my FT-857d:

Screenshot from 2019-09-22 15-13-07.png

... so I suppose the obvious course if action is "If it's not broke, don't fix it", but naturally I don't want to impede my ability to do everything I might want to with this setup down the road.  When time permits I'll carefully remove those caps and see what changes.

Thanks again.

-Scott,  K4KDR

======================

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 3:09 PM Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
Hi Jim,

First off, if the GPS antenna connector is on the same side as the Mini DIN-6 Connectors your board is not affected.

Many low bandwidth HF Programs may work but you will need to raise the level. 1200 Baud Packet is a non-starter.

Bryan K7UDR

On Sep 22, 2019, at 12:05 PM, Jim Erickson <jim@...> wrote:

Apologies if this is a silly question, but how will the bug manifest itself?  What applications would be affected and in what way are they affected.  I haven’t pulled my board out of it’s case to judge how difficult it will be to perform the work myself but am curious what happens if I leave the board as is?

Thanks
Jim
------
73,
Jim
VA7SHG - Phone
VE7TGZ - Other

On Sep 15, 2019, at 12:30, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

We have discovered that a capacitor was installed in the audio filter chain that can prevent certain applications from functioning properly.

We apologize that this was not detected before the boards were shipped.

In the next few days we will publish instructions for those who would like to do a field repair.

At the same time we will provide instructions on how to have NW Digital Radio perform the repair.

Please do not return your boards before instructions are provided.

Director