Re: DRAWS™ Latest Board Run Defect (Standby) #draws #recall

Jim Erickson

Thanks Bryan, I understand and my board is an affected one.  While I’m not far from you, I am across the border so am a little reluctant to ship it. I may jump across the border and ship it from Sumas, though I may still try to repair myself.  Any chance maybe someone could do a quick video on how to do the repair or provide a little more detailed instruction?

Thanks
Jim
------
73,
Jim
VA7SHG - Phone
VE7TGZ - Other

On Sep 22, 2019, at 12:09, Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

Hi Jim,

First off, if the GPS antenna connector is on the same side as the Mini DIN-6 Connectors your board is not affected.

Many low bandwidth HF Programs may work but you will need to raise the level. 1200 Baud Packet is a non-starter.

Bryan K7UDR

On Sep 22, 2019, at 12:05 PM, Jim Erickson <jim@...> wrote:

Apologies if this is a silly question, but how will the bug manifest itself?  What applications would be affected and in what way are they affected.  I haven’t pulled my board out of it’s case to judge how difficult it will be to perform the work myself but am curious what happens if I leave the board as is?

Thanks
Jim
------
73,
Jim
VA7SHG - Phone
VE7TGZ - Other

On Sep 15, 2019, at 12:30, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

We have discovered that a capacitor was installed in the audio filter chain that can prevent certain applications from functioning properly.

We apologize that this was not detected before the boards were shipped.

In the next few days we will publish instructions for those who would like to do a field repair.

At the same time we will provide instructions on how to have NW Digital Radio perform the repair.

Please do not return your boards before instructions are provided.

Director