Re: DRAWS and Buster distro

Basil Gunn

Basil's advice IS totally correct. If you have a DRAWS hat, NOT a UDRC
or UDRC II then you do NOT need to include the overlay flush line
dtoverlay=. It doesn't hurt anything to include the line but since the
overlay does NOT exist in eeprom for the DRAWS hat as it does for the
UDR & some of the UDRC II hats it really doesn't actually do anything.

If you have a DRAWS hat and find that you need to use dtoverlay= to get
the DRAWS driver to load and recognize the hat then you have other
problems, like the kernel you are using doesn't have all of Anna'a
patches or your upgrade path has left a bunch of stale overlays in
/boot/overlays directory.

On a new install using Raspbian with kernel version 4.19.66 or newer you
will not have that problem.
/Basil

Jonathan Magee <jmagee@...> writes:

Hi Bernard
Basil's advice isn't totally correct, for some Draw Hats you need to
include in /boot/config.txt the line:
dtoverlay=
as well as the other lines. So the extra lines are (as per UDRC & UDRC II
hats )

dtoverlay=
dtoverlay=draws,alsaname=udrc
force_turbo=1

That is what I had to do with my Draws Hat
Regards
Jonathan GI7KMC

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 at 12:09, Bernard Pidoux <bernard.f6bvp@...>
wrote:

Hi Basil,
Unfortunately /boot/config.txt modifications does not work.
aplay -l does not display card1: udrc
Here is the screen dump :

I suspect a conflict with forced sound through HDMI1 display.

Regards,

Bernard