Re: DRAWS and Buster distro

Jonathan Magee

That is not what I have found in practice. I created a clean sd card from the official image for buster and to get the Draws Hat to be recognised I had to add in the  dtoverlay= line
When I did investigate it was trying to load in a device tree from the HAT and failed. Did the design of Draws boards change with respect to the eprom?

Regards
Jonathan

On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 at 16:19, Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Basil's advice IS totally correct. If you have a DRAWS hat, NOT a UDRC
or UDRC II then you do NOT need to include the overlay flush line
dtoverlay=. It doesn't hurt anything to include the line but since the
overlay does NOT exist in eeprom for the DRAWS hat as it does for the
UDR & some of the UDRC II hats it really doesn't actually do anything.

If you have a DRAWS hat and find that you need to use dtoverlay= to get
the DRAWS driver to load and recognize the hat then you have other
problems, like the kernel you are using doesn't have all of Anna'a
patches or your upgrade path has left a bunch of stale overlays in
/boot/overlays directory.

On a new install using Raspbian with kernel version 4.19.66 or newer you
will not have that problem.
/Basil