Re: DRAWS and Buster distro

Basil Gunn

f6bvp <f6bvp@...> writes:

Hi,
I finally installed last image nw14 and DRAWS driver is ok and aplay -l listed the device is present.

carte 1: udrc [udrc], périphérique 0: bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 []
Sous-périphériques: 1/1
Sous-périphérique #0: subdevice #0

I thought that Raspbian Busper would be ok but I was apparently wrong.
You are not wrong. The current version of Raspbian Buster has a kernel
with the required driver and will work fine with udrc/udrc II/DRAWS
hats.

You had some other problem that I was unable to determine from our
email exchange. The key is you need to have a current Raspbian kernel,
4.19.66-v7+ or newer and since you were not running a DRAWS hat you
needed to flush overlays before specifying a udrc overlay in /boot/config.txt.

dtoverlay=
dtoverlay=udrc
force_turbo=1