Re: DRAWS and Buster distro

Frank Ivan

Hi Guys,

I spent quite a bit of time on this because I, like Jonathan, have first run Draws hats which also require the dtoverlay= line.
I found the best place to put the new lines are the first non-commented lines in the /boot/Config.txt file.
If you want to make your own SD card, down load the latest Buster and then update it with sudo apt update sudo apt disc-upgrade.  Do not use rpi-update - that brings in a 64 bit experimental kernel that does not yet have the drivers you need.
After you get the system up to date, add the lines to the /boot/Config.txt - just make them the first non-comment lines and after a reboot (assuming the Draws card is installed), the aplay -l command should show the sound card.

Then you can download the n7nix file and run the config/image_install.sh.

If you want to skip all of that, you can download https://www.dropbox.com/s/i21qtsn7c9pwx19/Buster-Draws-2019-09-03.gz?dl=0 which links to a copy of Buster ready to go.  Just be sure to expand the disk when you first boot the Pi - sudo rasps-config or install gparted and use that.

73 - Frank - K0FEI