Re: image update failure

John Spoonhower

Hi Basil,
thanks for the information. I have some additional responses below.
73, NX2I
John

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 5:52 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

> I am attempting to update my aprs system to the current buster-based image
> nwdr14.img. the old image was beta 10 I believe.

New image is not released yet, so not supported yet.

I am not sure what "released " means; nwdr14.imgf is what I get when I click on "current image" on the NWD download site.

> The system uses a UDRC-II
> HAT. I am looking for a very plain end point; an APRS Igate with some
> custom software that automatically broadcasts NWS warning packets when an
> official weather warming is issued. I have had the custom software running
> on the old beta image.

Sounds cool.

The credit belongs with K2DLS. If I can implement this, anyone can. Just search for noaacap.py or K2DLS.

> I have followed the online guidance for installing and verifying  the image
> file. All seems to proceed normally. The only exception is that showudrc.sh
> alerts that the gpsd has failed.
> (There is no gps on my UDRC HAT).

I can't comment on that unless I see the actual showudrc.sh console
output. But please wait until I announce the release. Should be in the
next day or 2. Life keeps getting in the way.

The gpsd problem has been fixed by simply pointing to the correct device file in /etc/defaults/gpsd. I can send the showudrc.sh when you wish,

> The problem is that although all seems normal otherwise, there are no
> packets received as evidenced by either "listen -at" or "tail -f
> /var/log/direwolf/direwolf.log".

Did you set your alsa settings the same as what you had on your working
BETA10 image?

yes.