Re: image update failure

Basil Gunn

I used a new image (nwdr14) with a UDRC II and it worked fine. I will
release that image today. The only thing I changed from the scripts was
to select discriminator out using the alsa commands. You can do it from
the alsamixer gui as well.

sset 'IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor' '10 kOhm'
sset 'IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor' '10 kOhm'

Since you have a working configuration why not save it to a file &
compare it with the configuration you are using with the new image.
ie. save /boot/config.txt, alsa-show, ax25-status -d

You could try a transmit test to see what that gives you
cd
cd n7nix/debug
./btest.sh -P udr1 -p

Remember that on a UDRC II the mDin6 connector is port 1 not port 0.

I notice that you have manually edited /boot/config.txt. I did not
manually edit any files for my UDRC II test.

/Basil

John Spoonhower <jpspoonhower@...> writes:

Basil,
73, John

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 7:42 PM Basil Gunn <@basil860> wrote:

The problem is that although all seems normal otherwise, there are no
packets received as evidenced by either "listen -at" or "tail -f
/var/log/direwolf/direwolf.log".
Did you set your alsa settings the same as what you had on your working
BETA10 image?

yes.
It is very clear that the attached radio is receiving aprs packets.
There is likely something obvious I am missing ...?
I think that your ALSA audio routing is incorrect.
If you route through ALSA IN1 then you are using DISCOUT or
discriminator audio. If you route through ALSA IN2 then you are using
AFOUT or
compensated audio (preemphasis/deemphasis). Verify how your radio is
configured. On my Kenwood if I select DATSPD 9600 I am selecting
DISCOUT. This works well for both 1200 & 9600 baud packet.
This is not clear to me. I have tested the RPI3/UDRC-II controller to 2
different Yaesu radios both of which work fine with the beta 10 version.

Could you please return the console output of:

# Verify driver loaded properly
aplay -l
aplay -l
card 0: udrc [udrc], device 0: bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi
tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

# Verify configured for udrc & not draws
tail /boot/config.txt
tail /boot/config.txt
[all]
#dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

# Flush all overlays, ie. deprecated overlays loaded from eeprom
dtoverlay=
# enable udrc/draws if no eeprom
dtoverlay=udrc

# Enable audio (loads snd_bcm2835)