Re: NWDR14 image release announcement #beta #support

Basil Gunn

Dave,

The "DRAWS specific software" are two codec drivers that are in the Linux
kernel and an overlay that loads at boot time.
The drivers are:
snd_soc_tlv320aic32x4_i2c
snd_soc_tlv320aic32x4

The overlays are either: udrc.dtbo or draws.dtbo depending on which hat
you have installed.

While there is some specific configuration required to take advantage of
the DRAWS hat gps & A/D converter all the other software provided in the
image are scripts that install or configure other software that could be
used by any sound card or serial/i2c TNC.

Most everything that I do to create an image I do with a script. See
n7nix/config/image_install.sh. That's only mostly true because there is
always some futzing around with a new Raspbian distribution to get some
things to work properly.

Perhaps you could explicitly state what you want to do and I can provide
some guidance on how to get there.
/Basil n7nix

David C Jenner - K7DCJ via Groups.Io <djenner8=mac.com@groups.io> writes:

Basil,

Please add how to install this on one's own RPi 4 Raspbian image (with
proper kernel). Your instructions at "Make your own Raspberry Pi image"
seem to end before adding the DRAWS-specific software.

Thanks,
Dave