Re: image update failure

John Spoonhower

Basil,
again thanks for the help.
I didn't bother to download the last image. I found the problem is fixed by simply using alsamixer and the settings you mention.
The ./btest.sh script runs OK (packets seen on aprs.fi) too on port udrc 1. I still have to fix up the location finding via gps as on the udrc II I have a BU-353S4 usb gps not the draws device. Although gpsd is running just fine, the position data parsing provided in btest.sh is looking for NMEA sentences, while I am fairly certain my device is not NMEA by default.
After that I will takeon the APRX install....

73, John

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 8:02 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

John,
I verified that the following method also works.
Copy the following alsa control values from your working image,
you can read them by running alsa-show.sh.

LO Driver Gain
PCM
ADC Level

Boot your new image and run:
cd
cd bin
sudo su
./setalsa-udrc-din6.sh

Now run alsamixer and set LO Driver Gain, PCM & ADC Level.  To make
things more convenient you could use an editor and set the 3 values in
the setalsa-udrc-din6.sh script. They are the first 3 levels set.

Verify by running alsa-show.sh one more time.

/Basil