Re: image update failure

Basil Gunn

John Spoonhower <jpspoonhower@...> writes:

Basil,
again thanks for the help.
I didn't bother to download the last image. I found the problem is fixed by
simply using alsamixer and the settings you mention.
Glad to hear you have things working!!

The ./btest.sh script runs OK (packets seen on aprs.fi) too on port
udrc 1.
I originally made this script as a quick test for packet using any of
the hats UDRC/UDRC II/DRAWS.

I still have to fix up the location finding via gps as on the udrc II I
have a BU-353S4 usb gps not the draws device. Although gpsd is running just
fine, the position data parsing provided in btest.sh is looking for NMEA
sentences, while I am fairly certain my device is not NMEA by default.
I wanted the btest.sh script to work for UDRC/UDRC II hats ie. without
the on board GPS so I just conditional'ed the GPS stuff based on hat
type. Please hack this script to make it do what you want. I have both
gpsd & nmea functions in that script.

After that I will takeon the APRX install....
Yes, APRX is the way to go for APRS gating/digipeating.

73, John

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 8:02 PM Basil Gunn <@basil860> wrote:

John,
I verified that the following method also works.
Copy the following alsa control values from your working image,
you can read them by running alsa-show.sh.

LO Driver Gain
PCM
ADC Level

Boot your new image and run:
cd
cd bin
sudo su
./setalsa-udrc-din6.sh

Now run alsamixer and set LO Driver Gain, PCM & ADC Level. To make
things more convenient you could use an editor and set the 3 values in
the setalsa-udrc-din6.sh script. They are the first 3 levels set.

Verify by running alsa-show.sh one more time.

/Basil

John Spoonhower <jpspoonhower@...> writes:

Thanks. I will give this a try.
On a somewhat different topic...I notice in beacmin.sh that in the
comments
aprs symbols are listed. I do not see sending a symbol implemented in
this
script. Is this fairly straightforward to add ?

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 11:17 AM Basil Gunn <@basil860> wrote:

I used a new image (nwdr14) with a UDRC II and it worked fine. I will
release that image today. The only thing I changed from the scripts was
to select discriminator out using the alsa commands. You can do it from
the alsamixer gui as well.

sset 'IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor' '10 kOhm'
sset 'IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor' '10 kOhm'

Since you have a working configuration why not save it to a file &
compare it with the configuration you are using with the new image.
ie. save /boot/config.txt, alsa-show, ax25-status -d

You could try a transmit test to see what that gives you
cd
cd n7nix/debug
./btest.sh -P udr1 -p

Remember that on a UDRC II the mDin6 connector is port 1 not port 0.

I notice that you have manually edited /boot/config.txt. I did not
manually edit any files for my UDRC II test.