Re: GPS Monitoring for DRAWS

lee hyde

Awesome efforr!

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019, 10:09 PM Edouard Lafargue <edouard@...> wrote:
  and... here is the manual: https://elafargue.github.io/wizkers-doc/

   In particular, look up the "Developer/Building" section if you want to build it! That project is a bit unloved these days for lack of free time, but it still works great - it is used in multiple remote locations running 24/7/365 for various projects, but let's not stray off-topic, this is the UDRS/DRAWS list. Reach out directly if you have any questions,

Ed

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 8:59 PM Edouard Lafargue via Groups.Io <edouard=lafargue.name@groups.io> wrote:
It doesn't use hamlib so far - it does far more than hamlib can do for Elecraft or Kenwoodradios, but at the expense of wider rig support.

Source is at https://GitHub.com/wizkers/wizkers.git . I need to replublish the manual too...

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019, 17:08 Ruben . <rubenkaf@...> wrote:
Hello Edouard,

Just wondering if your program uses or can use hamlib, this would greatly expand the number of radios your program can use.

Thank you and 73,
Ruben
WA2NBL

On 10/16/2019 1:28 PM, Edouard Lafargue wrote:,
Hi everyone,

  Since the DRAWS is equipped with a GPS receiver, I figured I would write a quick web interface for it. I mostly use my Raspberry Pi station remotely from my Mac, and having a web interface to monitor the radio and GPS is fairly useful.

   I used the open source Wizkers.io framework to implement this, so that it works nicely with the remote rig control and monitoring that already exist for it (full disclosure, I am the developer). The code is not pushed to Github yet, but if there is interest, I'll be happy to oblige.

What other GPS information would you want to see on a status dashboard? The screenshots below are all web pages:

GPS Monitor screen:
Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 09.36.07.png

Kenwood V71A remote control screen:

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 13.24.14.png