Re: Download Issues

Stuart Longland VK4MSL

On 1/10/19 11:03 pm, Mitch Winkle wrote:
I saw something similar when downloading it yesterday.  On Win10 it was
abysmally slow.  With the same connection on Linux it was it's normally
speedy self.  The reader is left to his own conclusions.
I've seen it crawl under Linux too. I was at work, so 50Mbps microwave
link for Internet. Workstation and border router are both Linux (Gentoo
on the workstation, Ubuntu on the border router), an intermediate router
runs Cisco IOS (not sure what version).

https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/message/3788

I think I'd agree with Basil's assessment that "it does depend on how
many other connections are in progress". I'm not sure what Internet
link services the NWDR server whether it is in a data centre or is on a
SOHO Internet link with limited capacity.

Now that standard Raspbian supports the UDRC/DRAWS, I think things
should improve since NWDR's servers only have to carry a small handful
of packages and not a whopping great big SD card image.

Coding up a boot-strap script which can be run on stock Raspbian images
to set everything up would not be a difficult job.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.