Re: NWDR14 image release announcement #beta #support

Basil Gunn

One thing maybe to note would be the inclusion of
a note that the default editor for the V14 image is JED.
Did not know that. Usually the first time you edit one of the system
files like a crontab entry you get presented with a menu of all the
editor choices.

I have never
seen this editor before (Newbie status) and could not save the image
when I was installing PAT. I changed it with the sudo
update-alternatives --config editor command to nano and then I was
back in familiar territory, although knowing it is JED I can deal with
that also now.
I don't mess with any default system settings like default editor. This
setting would be the same as a vanilla Raspbian image.

What I want to get to is one DRAWS port for VHF packet and the second
for HF apps (understanding that ax25 will have to be stopped to switch
between them (I think).
You will not have to stop AX.25 as long as you only bind to one of the
ports. See split-channels README.md here:
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/split-channels

I will probably order a second draws for a "Go
Kit" when the cases get into the distribution channel. This one will
be a Pi4 based system. I wish I could help more but my skills in this
area only allow to comment how I can break things..

Thanks again to the team. I have known John Hayes for over 30 years
and he is a good friend.