Re: Stream Audio Using VNC Command Line to Local Network #audio

Paul Noa

Basil,
I am reaching out for a little direction getting started with my Draws (Hat Only) install on RPi 3 B+ as I see you are very active and obviously much more knowledgeable than myself in this area.

The more I  read the more unsure I become as where to start. This is where I have started :
Could you be so kind as to direct me to the best most reliable version of Buster w/NWDR code for the Draws hat if this is not the best place to start?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Paul

Paul

On Sat, 16 Nov 2019 at 11:05, Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Where in the command that you gave is the syntax for the USB device you
are using? dsnoop:1 ?

If I use cvlc --longhelp it lists alsa audio devices so I'm guessing you
would replace dsnoop:1 with dsnoop:CARD=udrc

cvlc --longhelp | grep -i alsa-audio-device
VLC media player 3.0.7 Vetinari (revision 3.0.7-0-g86cee31099)
      --alsa-audio-device {null,default:CARD=ALSA,sysdefault:CARD=ALSA,dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0,dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1,dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0,dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1,hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0,hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1,plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0,plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1,default:CARD=udrc,sysdefault:CARD=udrc,dmix:CARD=udrc,DEV=0,dsnoop:CARD=udrc,DEV=0,hw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0,plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0,default}

/Basil

Anthony Sutera <tsutera@...> writes:

> I am using my Draws Hat mainly for WSJT-X. I have a quick question: I
> would like to stream audio to my local network. On my other setups
> (Raspberry Pi3) using a signal link USB audio card, I succesfully use
> this command:

cvlc -vvv alsa://dsnoop:1 --sout '#transcode{acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=1}:standard{access=http,dst=192.168.165.126/out.mp3}'