Re: Just starting out #draws

Ryan Matthew Headley

If your only application will be as you describe, I would suggest foregoing the DRAWS image.

Download Raspbian with Desktop (NOT the one with 'recommeded software'); install gpsd, direwolf, and FoxtrotGPS; and you are good to go without a lot of complication.

Be sure to make the changes in /boot/config.txt to enable the DRAWS hat described at the bottom of the 'Getting Started' page.

This may not be what you are looking for, but this is what I would do with for such a straightforward single application.