Re: #draws #audio #ax25 #draws #audio #ax25

Basil Gunn

Apologies ahead of time if I am rehashing anything already extant on
the boards. I have attempted to search for solutions, but have not
been able to find anything.
Search forum: https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/topics
Check Wiki: https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/home
Check docs: https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/docs

I received my DRAWS hat yesterday, loaded the DRAWS image, and
followed the configuration steps listed on the boards. Most things
worked exactly as indicated.

In testing to set levels, I set up an Alinco 135 connected to the
DRAWS, and a Yaesu FT-991A for monitoring--both on 144.390Mhz. I had
to set the output gain to +15db before it was even audible--and +29db
is decodable, but still well below the other AX25 signals I was
receiving from elsewhere. I switched the radios with virtually the
same result. I cannot imagine that this is normal.
I have an Alinco DR-235 mkIII and found these settings to work:
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/deviation#notes-alinco-dr-x35-mk-iii

Calculate the proper settings to use:
If you are using the NW Digital Radio image & are using a monitor

open a browser
url: localhost:8080
Click: Toggle TX calculator.