Re: FT-897 Setup

Ruben .

There’s an 8 pin 4x2 header next to the power connector. Check below the schematic for pin-outs.

Ruben
WA2NBL

On Nov 23, 2019, at 5:23 PM, Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via Groups.Io <ewbloom@...> wrote:

I have a -62 Cat to USB Serial on hand.  So, for the FT-897/857 we need two cables, one for CAT and one for Audio via the DRAWS.

So, to which port does DRAWS cable connect?

On 11/23/2019 6:07 PM, Ruben . wrote:
I’m working on a similar issue with FT-857. Finally realized that I needed an additional cable for CAT. Ordered an 8-pin mini-din cable and located a source for the header connector.

I’ll post with results once CAT cable is configured.

Ruben
WA2NBL

On Nov 23, 2019, at 3:52 PM, Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via Groups.Io <ewbloom@...> wrote:

Has anyone connected their DRAWS to an FT-897 yet?  I am looking for some assistance.

Specifically, cabling needs for the setup.

It looks like from all I have read, I still need a USB to Serial to run any Rig Control outside of
PTT.

Is this correct?