Re: #ax25 #direwolf system failing suggested checks #direwolf #ax25

Ryan Matthew Headley

I am running a fan external to the package which is blowing over the whole thing.

/boot/config.txt is exactly as it was from the image with a single change.  The on-board audio is commented out.  I get the exact same results either way.

The core_config.sh has only been run so many times after the problem began in an effort to fix it.

In my past attempts (now on my fourth new image), I would load and configure everything.  With the caveat of the original problem of the thread, everything worked; until it suddenly stopped--independent of any config change on my part.

I am beginning to think that the best path for me is to run a clean image of Raspbian and load and configure everything as suits my specific purposes.  I just do not want to stuck again with a a functional system that inexplicably ceases to function in a week or so.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 2:08 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Your hardware is fine.
Your power supply is over voltage > +12V: +15.09 V
You are running a Pi 4 with a very cool CPU core temp. Are running a
fan?

None of the required tlv320aic modules required by DRAWS are loading
most likely because you edit /boot/config.txt and you have some syntax
error on one of the lines.

The core_config.sh script is only made to be run once.
core_config.sh has been run 7 time(s)
Why are you re-running the core_config.sh script?

> FYI, I loaded a new image on an additional SD card, and DRAWS was
> recognized immediately.

So what you are saying is a clean image works then you edit some config
files & now DRAWS overlay modules don't get loaded?  In order for me to
understand what it is that makes that happen learn to use the Linux
script command which will capture everything that you type and send me
the file with all your terminal output.

script command in Linux with Examples
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/script-command-in-linux-with-examples/

> I do need a persistent install though. I cannot keep flashing a new
> image every few days.

I will set up an RPi 4 with a new image to see if I replicate what you
are doing.

/Basil

--
Ryan Matthew Headley