Re: GPS antenna #draws #gps

Paul Noa

Ryan,
Your question peeked my interest so I looked around to see what I could find about GPS reception.
not alot on the RX side but some references in 6.1.

I would expect you could use gpsmon to monitor the signal level and then reposition it and record the difference.

Perhaps empirical data will be your best answer.

Paul

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 at 17:07, Ryan Matthew Headley <headley.ryan@...> wrote:
After seeing some pictures in another forum, a question came to mind.

Aside from the difference between active and passive gps antennae, is there any advantage/disadvantage to orienting them vertically/horizontally?