Re: Incompatibility between #fldigi and #direwolf ? #direwolf #fldigi

Bernard f6bvp / ai7bg

Hi Basil,
I have another suggestion for your scripts if you agree.
One of my experimental Rose/FPAC nodes is only Internet connected, no radio port for the moment although equipped with an UDRCII modem HAT.
Apart from FPAC it is running spider DX spots and BBS working through ax25ipd encapsulation.
To achieve this, I set up AX25 port axudp in /etc/ax25/axports.
However, axudp port is not checked nor recognized in chk_ports.sh script.
I agree that I did not use your configuration scripts and this may explain what is above and I apologize if I missed something.
By the way, do you already have a configuration script to start up such AX25<—> IP/UDP encapsulation device ?

73 de Bernard, F6BVP

Le 12 déc. 2019 à 18:56, Basil Gunn <basil@...> a écrit :

Once again I thank you very much for your invaluable help for
progressing into RaspBerry Pi and DRAWS usage with AX.25.

You are welcome & thanks for all your feedback.

Reading doc files is quite easy but it does not preclude some
missinterpretations by me as you have noticed.

Documentation is not my forte.

I want to achieve a complete set up of an FPAC NODE using DRAWS based on
nwdr image that should simplify considerably the configuration with your
scripts help. However I am not yet finished !

Sounds cool. Let me know how it goes.

I still need ax25ipd configuration for AX25<-->UDP encapsulation of
ROSE/FPAC and LinFBB frames toward Internet. I guess this should be
added into ax25-start or built into a kind of ax25ipd-start. Then I will
need something like uronode conf and install for FPAC node utilities.

Look forward to seeing your result!

Meanwhile I found an error when trying to use measure deviation script.
The first case of failure is when direwolf is started and prevents using
sound device as you noticed. You already wrote instructions in order to
remove direwolf with stop AX.25.

The measure_deviate.sh script checks if direwolf is running & if it is
runs the ax25-stop script which should free up the audio device.

The second cause of failure is when
user is sudo and your scripts fails finding /home/root/bin/ax25-stop
script for $USER= root

Yes that is a bug, thanks!
To fix I made measure_deviate.sh, ax25-start & ax25-stop root agnostic

Changes for fix are checked into n7nix repo.

6025db1ab55b997d935fc31c75d7fd4b266988de Make running script root agnostic.
M    deviation/README.md
M    deviation/measure_deviate.sh
00dc61dcb2b4084288735c970c0cba7cd72412a6 Make consistent with ax25-start, root agnostic.
M    systemd/bin/ax25-stop

To take advantage of these changes:
cd
cd n7nix