Re: #audio #audio

Basil Gunn

What deviation should I shoot for on the tm-v71a?
From page 83 of the Kenwood TM-V71a manual
Select 1200 or 9600 bps for the data transfer rate, depending on your TNC.
1200 bps: Transmit data input (PKD) sensitivity is 40 mV p-p , input impedance is 10 kΩ.
9600 bps: Transmit data input (PKD) sensitivity is 2 V p-p , input impedance is 10 kΩ.

I use the 9600 bps connection even with 1200 baud data which just selects the
Kenwood discriminator output (PR9 Output 9600 (bps)) ie. pin 4 on the
mDin6 connector is selected by ALSA setting IN1.

Then you can control your packet data speed with a single setting in
/etc/direwolf.conf MODEM 1200 or MODEM 9600. Make sure your Kenwood
Menu 518 is set to DATSPD 9600.

/Basil n7nix

David Lowry <huskyrunnr@...> writes:

Well, I must have done something to the first board during my cable fiasco a year ago.

I’ve had a tm-v71a since the first of last summer, new-in-box until this morning. I set it up. This eliminates my mad cable skills and gives me some known ALSA parameters from setalsa-tmv71a.sh. PCM for the old hat needs to be set much lower. PCM for the new hat is much closer to the script values, not sure what deviation the script is shooting for. Audio In looks right for the new board as well.

Bryan, is it possible to fubar that ti chip in a way that increases sensitivity? Because that is what it appears I have done. In any case, both hats work reliably on both xmit and rev.

What deviation should I shoot for on the tm-v71a?