Re: Problems with Winlink handshaking on VHF and no power to transmitter on HF

Basil Gunn

Two problems:
with ax25 started I do a wl2kax25 - k2wvc-10 (a gateway on 2
met4ers). It connects but hangs after a Challenge is
received. Eventually it times out with jibberish and disconnects
Check /usr/local/etc/wl2k.conf
wl2k-password=
The winlink password you are using is invalid.

THE SECOND PROBLEM AS TO DO WITH NO HF AUDIO (AX25 STOPPED) on FLdigi,
JS8Call, etc. I can key the rig using FLdigi directed by the apps but
I am not generating any power. I ran measure_deviate.sh and it keys
the rig AND gives me 30 Watts out which is what I expect. I am using
the Left audio jack for both packet and HF - at lease that is what the
radio is connected to (IC-7000).
For FLDigi read this:
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/UDRC%E2%84%A2-and-fldigi-Setup-Page#Startup-and-set-levels-in-fldigi

The "Power" control in both apps is at the maximum. Below is a screen shot of WSJTX configs:

pi@kd7um-t2:~/bin $ arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 1: udrc [udrc], device 0: bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
pi@kd7um-t2:~/bin $

also touching any config parameter cause WSJTX to blow up and quit. I
am running WSJTX Version 2.1.0
Try running the latest version: 2.1.2

What am I missing? The apps both are hearing stations and they show up
in the app display so hearing works and talking (on HF) doesn't Thanks