Re: Problems with Winlink handshaking on VHF and no power to transmitter on HF

Dave Christensen

I had the correct Winlink password as I connected via telnet OK.  I tried the same gateway that failed yesterday and it worked.  I suspect that gateway could not validate my password.  So, check that one off the list.

Regarding getting FLdigi and WSJT-X to transmit with audio - not working and in fact when I have FLdigi and FLrig and Draws Manager running my system hangs up rock solid and I have to power off to get things running again.  I think I am going to put DRAWS on pause, perhaps wait until version 15 is available of start from scratch with Version 14.

The radio was keying up (Using FLrig for PTT) but no audio - and in fact it was picking up audio from the microphone rather than the data jack from Draw to rig.  Something has to be right because I can run wl2k and connect to a gateway using the same radio I am using for FLDigi.  I did stop ax25 between the WL2K-VHF and trying FLDigi.

Thanks for your help.  I can't imagine the load you are carrying trying to improve the software surrounding DRAWS and answering questions from dummies like me.  I haven't given up, I just need to give it a break.  I have another Pi/Signalink setup that is working beautifully.  I know it can be done with Draws.  Happy New Year