#hamlib commands fail with RPi4b #hamlib

I don’t know where to go from here. I‘ve been studying the very interesting auto-rmsgw-find.sh script. I tried some of the rigctl commands with TM-V71a. Nothing but timeouts. My cable is rts with the FTDI eeprom flashed to generic ID. Chirp on windows reads the rig. On a whim, I threw on the RPi3b and all the rigctl commands I tried work fine: “f”, “v”, “_”.

On the RPi4b, I had successfully installed and set up paclink-Unix. I have not done so on the RPi3b.

Honestly, I don’t know what output would be useful to show here, or whether I should take this issue to some Hamlib support group.

David KE7RGP