Re: KC9KKORE: Second interface

Basil Gunn

One thing I forgot to mention is the speed_switch.sh script is dependent on the
radio you are using. I used a Kenwood TM-V71a. See the "set alsa config"
line towards the bottom of the file. Also you will need to create a
custom set alsa file if you are using split_channels.

/Basil n7nix

Basil Gunn <@basil860> writes:

I saw that you referenced that you were able to run 9600 and or 1200
on a single radio interface.

Can you refer us to the code, configuration that allows for on the fly
switchng between Direwolf 9600/1200 baud packet speeds.
I think John K7VE was referring to running 1200/9600 at the same
time. Technically you can do that but there is a problem with PTT for
each of the channels. I hope John weighs in on this.

As far as switching between 1200 & 9600 baud, I demonstrated that at the
'Summer Gathering' digital conference. You can look at the script used
to toggle between the 2 baud rates here:

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/debug/speed_switch.sh

Also look in these 2 files for changes to ax25parms & kissparms
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/systemd/ax25/ax25-upd
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/systemd/ax25/ax25dev-parms

Changes in parameters are conditional on existence of a file:
/etc/ax25/packet_9600baud

speed_switch.sh will be supported in the nwdr15.img