Re: Problems with Winlink handshaking on VHF and no power to transmitter on HF

Basil Gunn

OK. I have refreshed my system with the V15 image and am back to the
same problem on HF as stated before (no pwer out or rig key on FLDigi,
WSJTX, JS8Call, etc.).
Pick one program at a time, for FLdigi using a DRAWS hat:

Fldigi configuration ->Rig->GPIO

Select BCM 12 for left mDin6 connector
Select BCM 23 for right mDin6 connector

Read this for reference:
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/UDRC%E2%84%A2-and-fldigi-Setup-Page#Set-up-PTT

Here is what I reassembled and making an
assumption of what commands you would want to see:

------------------------------

After installation of image V15

1/24/2020

YAAC works OK. Sends a receives packets.

Tried wl2kax25 connection. It failed due to config issues:

pi@DRAWS:/usr/local/etc $ wl2kax25 -c k2wvc-10

wl2kax25: Need to specify ax25 port
Pick one problem per email. wl2kax25 is a packet app and the answer is you have
not installed paclink-unix. This has nothing to do with your FLdigi
problem.

This paclink config was not called out as something that needed changing in the Wiki for installation.
I had to edit /usr/local/etc/wl2k.conf and add my callsign, gridsquare, axport ID, and WL2K password before it would work. Should this be in the Wiki for post install?
If you want Winlink functionality then you need to install paclink-unix.
app_config.sh plu
That is mentioned in the Getting Started Guide

Did Claws go away or is it separately installed to work with paclink?
It has been too long since I gave up on V14 and set it aside. Mutt is
in the image.
Claws-mail is part of the Winlink solution and is installed when you
install paclink-unix. The symptom you have is paclink-unix is not installed.

My V15 system works ok on VHF/Direwolf as verified by YAAC receiving
packets and sending a beacon copied by aprs.fi. I can also monitor the
packet traffic with tail –f /var/log/direwolf/direwolf.log and
listen –at.
The listen command line arguments have changed. To get a timestamp do
not specify -t.

I can send a beacon with: btest.sh –P udr0 successfully

NOW an unsolved mystery. With the same IC-7000 and ax25 stopped via the AX.25-control script I can’t get WSJTX, Fldigi, JS8Call to key the transmitter and send audio. Running n7nix/deviation/measure_deviate.sh –c left keys the radio and I get power out (modulated rig input). Issuing the measure_deviate –c left –l 5 doesn’t key the transmitter for 5 seconds – it just keeps going for the full 30 seconds. So this utility can key the transmitter with audio input to the transmitter.

When I try JS8Call, WSJTX, FLDigi the transmitter is not keyed or audio sent to the Mic in. I am using FLRig for the radio interface BUT PTT is turned off in FLRig (no CAT/RST/DTR etc). FLRig is talking to the radio OK (reading VFO/Mode)

For JS8Call the settings are: Radio Rig-FLRig FLRig, PTT VOX, Mode USB, Split none. Audio input is plughw:CARD=idrc,DEV=0 and output the same. The software reads data from the radio just fine and decodes OK. Pressing the Tune button gives indication from the software of transmitting (Red Tune button and TX button red) but the radio isn’t keyed or transmitting.

Similar things are happening with FLDigi (receives/decodes OK but no transmission). It is setup as rig control by FLRig and FLRig not keying the modem. Soundcard devices has PortAudio selected with Capture: udrc:bcm2935-i2s-tlv320aic32x4 hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 (hw: 1,0) as the only option to choose from and Playback the same only there are 4 options here (alsa0,1 alsa 0,2 dmix). Hitting the Tune button on FLDigi gives the indication from the software that it is tuning or transmitting text (in the waterfall) but the rig doesn’t key or transmit.

Here are some captures of various commands:

aplay –l of my system:

pi@DRAWS:~ $ aplay -l

card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]

Subdevices: 7/7

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Subdevice #1: subdevice #1

Subdevice #2: subdevice #2

Subdevice #3: subdevice #3

Subdevice #4: subdevice #4

Subdevice #5: subdevice #5

Subdevice #6: subdevice #6

card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 2: bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI1 [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI1]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 1: udrc [udrc], device 0: bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 [bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0]

Subdevices: 0/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

pi@DRAWS:~ $

arecord –l of my system:

pi@DRAWS:~ $ arecord -l

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****

card 1: udrc [udrc], device 0: bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 [bcm2835-i2s-tlv320aic32x4-hifi tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0]

Subdevices: 0/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

pi@DRAWS:~ $

alsa-show:

pi@DRAWS:~/n7nix/deviation $ alsa-show.sh

===== ALSA Controls for Radio Transmit =====

LO Driver Gain L:[-6.00dB] R:[-6.00dB]

PCM L:[-22.50dB] R:[-22.50dB]

DAC Playback PT L:[P3] R:[P3]

LO Playback CM [Full Chip]

===== ALSA Controls for Radio Receive =====

ADC Level L:[-2.00dB] R:[-2.00dB]

IN1 L:[10 kOhm] R:[10 kOhm]

IN2 L:[Off] R:[Off]

CM L:[10 kOhm] R:[10 kOhm]

pi@DRAWS:~/n7nix/deviation $

I did a set-alsa-ic7000.sh and it changed values but didn’t fix anything. What am I missing?