Re: #direwolf #direwolf

Basil Gunn

Can you provide the login password or direct me where to get it
Please.
Google is your friend
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=aprs+passcode&pp=1&s=l

1. Your questions don't have anything to do with udrc or draws. You
would be better off asking them on the direwolf groups.io site.
https://groups.io/g/direwolf/topics

2. If you use the NWDR image the APRS server password is automatically
calculated & added to the direwolf configuration when running the
initial config script.

3. There are many places to get your APRS server login passcode.
The nwdr image uses a C program from Xastir. Look at
n7nix/direwolf/config.sh around line 230.

# Get the n7nix repo
git clone https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix
# Go to the directory containing the callpass source code

cd n7nix/direwolf/
gcc -o callpass callpass.c
# run the program
./callpass <your_callsign>
Passcode for <your_callsign> is <some_5_digit_number>

4. The gps on the DRAWS hat requires gpsd version 3.18.1 or higher to
operate properly. You most likely got your gpsd from the Debian
repositories which is about 2 years old. Verify your gpsd version number:

gpsd -V

5. Not really motivated to support people that want to build their own
custom image from scratch. Not that you shouldn't, just that I don't want
to support you doing it. What is your compelling argument for not
using the supplied image?